Wednesday, May 4, 2011

What It Takes To Set Your Foot Out. Like, Out.

And you thought of vestments and money and and your toothbrush and Listerine, duh! Well, you don't actually fly unless vous êtes votre passeport. And ask me, it does not come easy. Well, to date, hasn't.


I literally started wishing making passports were like making yearbooks, as easy as holding those little crayon pieces and drawing myself and writing my address and about myself. A burnt child dreads fire.


A harrowed Jai dreads the queue.


Yeah, especially when you have to get out of the queue if your forgot to bring a certain document. Oof, saying "Ma'am, I didn't bring my Homeworknotebook" at school would be easier than explaining why you did not bring what you did not, to the person behind the counter. No, the bullet-proof counter. 


And then, not to forget, this is Hindustan भारत/ India, and so, you must know that it is not odd to log in with your passport details on the Web on the 28th of April, only to be told that your passport will be despatched on the 26th of April. Losers.


Well, so now that I have no US trip to look forward to, I can be an idiot-companion to Sharvari aai. And I have many small things to be happy about now. Like books. Like yummy fooood. Like my bicyle. Like friends. Like Maths. The last one possibly does not count. :P

No comments:

Post a Comment