Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Cartoons


I've been addicted to cartoons for some time now. Not Powerpuff Girls or Ben10 - though Tom & Jerry is still hilarious - but anime cartoons that they play on Animax. My favourites include Busou Renkin and The Stigma of the Wind. They're in Japanese or Korean, but they have English subtitles, and as you know, I'm not averse to reading.

Why, you ask? Apart from the fact that I have nothing to do in the holidays and hence have no choice but to watch crap, Anime has every fantasy element I love. Magic, martial arts and weaponry, all so tastefully done that the plot seems to dissolve from one end to the other. Star World is no match for Animax. Yes, Jai, I just said that.

When you say cartoons, I remember my vehement defense against my brother as he tried to wean me off Cartoon Network a few years ago. I found 'adult TV' boring. For all I knew of it was that it aired saas-bahu quarrels and songs. Yes, I was a kid once.

But for now, Animax keeps me alive. Hail cartoons!

No, hail Anime cartoons!

1 comment:

  1. My favourite is La Corda D'oro Primo Passo on Animax...It comes in english & is about Music & Love!!!Must watch 4 all d ppl who like both of dese tings!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete