Saturday, June 11, 2011

Circus

I used to like circuses. When I was a kid, I'd been to this circus tent (I think it was the Gemini Circus troupe) and I had loved the show. I remember a girl feeding meat to a dinosaur. And my dad thinks I'm lying because he says back then, I did not know the difference between a camel and a dinosaur.


I tell him that I knew the difference between meat and grass though. Camels are vegetarians, aren't they? Or are they? :O


Anyway, so, the circus I am speaking about is what has been adorning (that's called irony :P) the newspaper front-pages these days. A man, dressed in orange and hair. Ew.


So, having opinions is a great thing. Voicing them is not going to help keep the baba prancing around on Ramlila ground and obviously not going to help drive him away.


:O The sinner that I am! How could I dare to promote apathy?


It's not called apathy.


If we can actually see animals getting flogged by the ring-master at circuses, we could very well draw a parallel and let the holier-than-not-just-thou-but-every-flexible-thing-in-the-world-and-yeah-I-can-bend-like-paperclips-can't guy handle the show   entertain us.


And God, that guy's really flexible. Like Sharvari. :P

3 comments:

  1. Obviously not. But what's that got to do with THIS? :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. A woman leaves her home and goes to her husband's place where she is treated like a circus animal by her in-laws. That's what it was about.

    ReplyDelete