Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Pearly Whites (Again)

I've got my pearly whites back! Yes, my braces are finally out. Apparently I look so different, my granny has already started planning my wedding. Moving on...

Well, you know, as they saying goes...I don't remember the proverb now, but it means that good and bad things go together. Or that everything good has a bad side. Or something like that. Anyway, I have retainers to replace my braces. Retainers (this is solely for Jai baba, other people can please read ahead) are removable plates that help 'retain' the newly-attained shape of your teeth. They're also a pain in the neck, because they have to be taken out and washed. If anyone dares say the word 'dentures', I will go as mad as a rampaging hippo. Retainers don't stay on while you're eating.

They also make saying 's' sounds difficult. I can't pronounce my own name anymore. Please do not dwell on this either. Believe me, I'm trying to make do with words that don't have an 's' in them - which largely restricts the use of plurals. Still, it's good language practice.

Overlooking the retainers, I can't stop baring my teeth in front of mirrors now. Ooh, shiny....

No comments:

Post a Comment