Monday, July 25, 2011

A Good Place

There are good places, and there are bad places. They can be anywhere. They can be houses, parks, roads and buildings. Nothing good ever seems to happen in the bad places - they are full of negative vibes, like an accident-prone area. The good places don't actually make you feel good, or fulfilled, or anything of that sort. They help you deal with life's problems, come to terms with yourself, or just leave you with a full head and a smile. You may chance upon them, or they may invite you in. But once you go, you can't help doing so over and over.

I went to a good place today.

It's called Sky Café. It's the neglected, forlorn restaurant opposite Sterling Cinemas that no one seems to want to visit. In one of my spontaneous moments, I asked a friend if we could 'check out' the food. It was raining cats and dogs, it was four in the afternoon and I was going to miss my 4.16 Thane train. But I didn't care.

In the one and a half hour I spent with my friend there (unlimited coffee for ₹55), I confronted feelings I had been repressing for the past month - the bottled-up emotions that had led to my recent illness. My friend is the type of person you can have heart-to-heart conversations with. Her, along with the soft golden light, the white umbrellas and the sweetly polite staff made my day. I felt like I was going to burst into tears when I got out of there. I had just explored all my unexpressed emotions.

I will go there over and over. Because, it is a good place. A place for the spirit. A place where you don't need chicken soup to heal your soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment