Friday, January 27, 2012

What A Stud!

I pierced my ear two days ago. Not ears. Not got my ears pierced. Well, I had had my ears pierced when I was an infant (some painful ritual) and I decided to bank on what was left of the holes. This evening, I went to the jeweller's and got a silver earring.

The thingything. I call it my earring. :D


People at different places have reacted differently to the fact that I have pierced my ears, and more recently, have had the audacity to actually wear something there. Some said I wasn't 'that kind of a roguish boy', while my mum defensively told the jeweller that 'boys' were wearing earrings now that girls weren't. The jeweller tried his best at not letting my mum benefit from any bargain by telling her that I will have hordes of girls vying for me now that I have a stud. *disgustedflatface* My dad asked me who I was obeying by wearing the earring; he asked if it was some kind of a trend. My music teacher (to my joy) suggested I wear something in silver. 




So, why exactly am I wearing an earring? Is it because it's a fad, a trend? No, because if it were, I would have jumped at every available opportunity to get something 'new-and-in'. Does wearing it make me cool? I'd admit to not knowing. I am certainly not wearing it for that reason. So, I'm wearing it just for the heck of it, aren't I? 




To some extent, that would be true. I am wearing it because I want to wear it. I am doing it because it gives me a sense of satisfaction doing what I want to do. And regardless of what others think I should do, I will do what I want to, irrespective of whether or not it conforms with what is expected of me.




Sharvari Aai says I am on my way to become a Non-conformist. I wouldn't know. The only thing I agree on knowing is that the only thing I conform to is my conscience.



1 comment: